Friday, October 22, 2010

update

Hawaii has been a blast.  I have been to Honolulu twice since school has started and Kaneohe three times as of this Saturday.  I love going to the beach the ocean is calming and wonderful. I go and play soccer a lot, it is so much fun.  I still need to learn to surf but first i need a job, but I'm looking so hopefully ill find one soon.  The people here are way fun to hang out with.  I cant wait until Halloween, I'm going to be a killjoy like the new My Chemical Romance album. Then I can enter to win a prize for the best costume and potentially win the new box set of their album that comes out Nov. 22. Ive started watching the event which a pretty cool new show on NBC, but I cant wait for my favorites to come out; Psych and Burn Notice.  School is going well. I have had 3 math tests so far which all went pretty well.  My class is so fun, the students and the teacher are amazing.  Brother Furuto is probably my favorite professor, he is funny and witty and a really great teacher.  I have only written one paper for English and I think it went pretty well. I have another paper due in a fortnight (two weeks).  I just really wanted to use the word fortnight. The stories and poems we are reading are actually really enjoyable and I like them.  Student Development is actually a very interesting class that has helped out the way I study and look at college life. My favorite day was our stress relief day, we did some nice relaxing exercises and then we had a meditation time/nap time. It was amazing. My Missionary prep class is Probably my hardest class, there is so much work and it takes a lot of time. We split into zones and companions in that class and my companion is really cool and fun.  I have switched rooms from when I first got here and now I am on the second floor of my hale. My new roommate's name is Mayfritz, but I just call him Fritz.  He is from the Philippines, he way cool and I'm glad he is my roommate. Sometimes we just sit and talk to each other and it is really fun to do.  Sorry I don't have any pictures on this post ill get some up really soon.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you are doing great. but what are you doing posting at 1 AM!!! you need your beauty rest. Love ya!-mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was actually only like 10 i went to bed early last night

    ReplyDelete