Monday, September 13, 2010

checking out the dorm/ Waimea/ church/ monday


Friday morning we went to the bakery and got some delicious pastries and stuff for breakfast. we then proceeded to go to the byuh campus and scoped it out.  we got my room and started setting up when aunt juju spotted some termites.  they were crawling up the wall and were in my mattress.  she went and grabbed the RA and he started spraying the mattress down.  then my Hale auntie came over and vacuumed out the mattress and the room. so we ended up not getting my room totally set up. then we sent and got me all registered for school and i went through the new student orientation and got my id car. we then went to Walmart and got everything i didn't have in my room. we got tons of stuff there.  after that we went back to the condo and crashed for the night.  Saturday we went to the hukilau cafe. i got the banana pancakes and they were delicious.  after that we went to Waimea valley. we hiked all the way into the falls and it was way beautiful.  we swam in the little area there and went and sat under the falls and it was so fun.  after that we went to Waimea beach and swam in the ocean it was amazing. the water was clear and warm and just pure amazing.  after that we went to Haliewa Joe's the food there was delicious and we got to sit outside with a beautiful ocean view. after that we went to Matsumoto's and got some shaved ice and it was delicious.  we then went back to our condo and chilled there for the rest of the night.  Sunday we went to my new ward and it was really cool. our bishop is really nice and i had a great visit with him.  we went to turtle bay and at in the sun there and then we went to my dorm while most everyone was at the fireside and set up my room really quick and made sure everything worked.  we then went back and watched lord of the rings and went to bed.  today i got dropped off and said good by to juju. I finished my TB test and that went well i then went and hung out with some really cool people and then went to lunch. after lunch we had "mandatory meeting it was kinda boring but i got through it. after that i got a mail box and my address is: 
55-220 Kulanui St Byuh 5887
Laie HI 96762
I then went to the bank and set up an account and got that all ready.  mom and I then drove around the island and talked and got dinner.  we then drove back and we said our goodbyes and then she left. i am on my own now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment